About Department Of Culture
Government of Andhra Pradesh has given prominent role for cultural development. Culture is specific to Andhra Pradesh. It is historic dates back to pre-historic details which can be reflected through various caves available in Andhra Pradesh like Borra, Belum etc.,.
Andhra Pradesh is having different kinds of folk art forms. In order to have unified and focused attention to these cultural diversities, Government of Andhra Pradesh has established Department of Culture in 1981.
- Administration of Government Colleges/Schools of Music and Dance in the State.
- Promotion of Culture through Voluntary Cultural Organizations.
- Rendering financial assistance to old and indigent artists.
- Implementation of Centrally Sponsored Schemes relating to financial assistance to eminent Sanskrit Pandits and Men of letters etc.
- Construction of Auditoria in the State. Promotion and Propogation of Telugu Culture outside the State by providing annual grant to organisations outside the State.
- Conduct of Cultural Programmes, State functions, Festivals and Programmes in collaboration with Zonal Centres like South Zone Cultural Centre and South Central Zone Cultural Centre.
- Administration of Ravindra Bharathi and Telugu Lalitha Kala Thoranam.
- Conduct of Theatre Workshop for promotion of Telugu Drama.
- Documentation of programmes and Dying Art Forms. Preparation of Statues, etc.